Without using any software you can simply crate a wifi hotspot in Windows.
1. Open command prompt with administrator privileges. (Right click -> Run as administrator).
2. Enter following command to create the connection.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWifiName key=myPassword
Here you can give any values for 'ssid' and 'key'. ssid will be you wifi connection name and key will be the password.
3. Enter following command to start the network.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Make sure you have turn on wifi on your laptop. Otherwise you will be getting a message like following.
The hosted network couldn't be started.
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
When everything is properly configured, your command prompt would look like following.
4. Now open the "Network and Sharing Center" (Click internet connectivity icon on the task bar and open Network and Sharing Center or Go to control panel and click network and internet related options).
Click the "Change adapter setting" option in right hand-side of the window.
There you will see all your network connections also with our newly created network connection "MyWifiName".
5. This step is very impotent. Right click on you current internet connection icon (not on your MyWifiName icon). Click on the "Sharing" tab in the window you are getting. There tick the option "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection".
Then select your newly created MyWifiName connection as the "Home networking connection" in the drop down. There you won't have the name MyWifiName but the title name related to that connection. You can get that title name from Change adapter setting window. Click ok button.
6. Now you are done!
Turn on your Android or any device and connect to MyWifiName wifi hotspot using the password myPassword.
To turn off the network you created, enter the following command
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork